Monday, June 7, 2010

West Point Graduation


Joining the Long Gray Line
My four year stint as a cadet at West Point concluded just a few weeks ago, when my classmates and I tossed our hats, said goodbyes, and were commissioned as Second Lieutenants in the US Army.

"Class of 2010: Dismissed!"
Graduation week was a stellar end to the 48-month ride. Looking back, my time at West Point was truly incredible. The memories I was able to make and the relationships we built with roommates, classmates, and teammates will stay with me forever. I was fortunate that several people were able to make my graduation: my parents, younger brothers, girlfriend, and a great mentor attended the ceremonies, and were present for my commissioning on Saturday, May 22. It would be impossible to put all of the parades and ceremonies from grad-week into words. The pictures tell the story... enjoy.



Next up are a few summer adventures: South Africa, Tanzania, & Arizona. Yet the majority of the summer will be spent at home in Midland, prior to my departure to Oxford in mid-September. More grad week photos below.